- DC School Reform Now is educating, organizing and advocating to build support for public education strategies that prepare kids to become college and career ready.
- We believe that public schools in DC can and should become the best in the nation and every student in DC should have a high quality principal, teacher and school.
- DC School Reform Now was founded in 2008 with a desire to support new education reforms in the changing climate of public education in the District. The organization took a new direction beginning in August of 2010 with the hiring of Executive Director, David Pickens. Mr. Pickens and DCSRN focus on seizing the opportunity to collaborate with the DC community at large to ensure the highest quality of public education for all students in DC.
- High Quality Leaders: We believe DC public schools should be managed by school and district leaders that make decisions in the best interest of student achievement.
- High Quality Teachers: We believe DC public school teachers should be identified, recruited, developed, supported, retained and held accountable based on their ability to increase student achievement.
- High Quality Schools: We believe that DC should offer only high quality public school options—whether that be in the form of traditional public or charter public schools.
- Parental Engagement: We believe DC parents should be engaged as day-to-day participants in their children’s education and powerful advocates for a system-wide push toward high quality education.
- Resource Allocation: We believe all DC public schools should be afforded an equitable level of public resources employed to raise student achievement.
Visit our Website: www.dcschoolreform.org
Sign up for our Newsletter: dcschoolreform.org/stay-connected
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/dcschoolreform
Follow us on Twitter: @dcschoolreform
Follow us on LinkedIn: bit.ly/LinkedInDCSRN
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/dcschoolreform